10/31/2009

The Secret Place of the Most High

Psalm 91:1 He that dwelleth in the secret place of the Most High
Shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.
91:2 I will say of Jehovah, He is my refuge and my fortress;
My God, in whom I trust. (ASV)

What is the secret place of the Most High? If I can enter into this secret place all the positive things in this Psalm will be mine. This equates to abiding in the vine in John 15. You might say the same thing about abiding in the vine. If I could only find the way to be in the vine I would stay there. Well, according to 1 Cor. 1:30, God has already placed us in the vine and the vine's name is Jesus Christ. Since God Himself put us in Christ we don't have to try to get into Him, we only need to stay where He put us, in Christ.

The secret place of the Most High is a Person named Jesus! My responsibility toward God is to remain in this wonderful Person, the Lord Jesus Christ. He now lives in the depths of my being, in my spirit. All I need is supplied to me there for all I need is in Christ. So how can I remain there. Psalm 91:2 give us the way. It says, "I will say of the Lord, He is my refute and my fortress, my God in whom I trust." The practicle way to remain in Him is to speak all the positive things about Him as your possessions. "Lord Jesus, you are my refuge. You are my fortress. You are everything to me. You are my peace. You are my grace. Praise You!" Speaking this way keeps you where you already are, in the Lord Jesus, in your spirit.

No comments: