6/25/2014

To Find Jesus I Must Know His Address

If I want go to the home of a friend, I need to know his address. Otherwise I will wander around in frustration never getting to be with my friend. But when I find his address I can quickly go there and meet with him.

It is the same with the Lord Jesus. He is located in a certain place and unless I know what that address is and the way to get there, I will wander around in my Christian life and spend a lot of time miss aiming and being frustrated.

(John 3:6)  That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. When we were born again the Spirit gave birth to our human spirit and took up His residence there. According to 1 Thes. 5:23 we are created with three parts, spirit and soul and body. The regenerated spirit is the home of the divine Spirit. We may always find Him there.

When we wake up in the morning the first thing is to begin turning to the deepest part of our being and begin to call on the name of Jesus. The Spirit of the glorified Jesus now lives in our spirit. 2 Cor. 6:17 says that he that is joined to the Lord is one spirit.

The address of the Lord Jesus is located in our spirit. Yes He is also seated in the heavens on the throne next to the majesty on high, but He is also in our spirit. Seek to find Him within your spirit. Paul says in Eph. 6:17-18, to take the Spirit which is the Word of God by means of all prayer and petition, praying at every time in our human spirit. Pray with the Word, about the Word even sing the Word focusing on your spirit and you will find Him.

No comments: